Company: Owens Corning
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Joplin, MO, US, 64804
The Shift Supervisor has accountability to lead operations
including hourly production and supporting area employees at the
Joplin, MO, manufacturing facility. He/she is a key person
responsible to develop and maintain an energized environment where
employees work together to safely produce quality products that
meet or exceedour customers' requirements and maximize company
growth and earnings. The shifts are 12 hours (non-rotating) in
This position reports to: This position reports to the Operations
Span of Control: 15-20 non-union, hourly employees
Living the safety stand and adhering to safety responsibilities
- Ensure all direct reports complete required safety
- Lead execution of monthly team safety requirements - including
completion of behavior-based safety observations, near miss
reporting, safe work permits, safety meetings, pre-shift safety
inspections, departmental inspections, etc. and builds a culture
where safety is the number one priority.
- Participates in the investigation of safety incidents and leads
root cause analysis to drive for permanent resolution.
Achieve customer satisfaction and quality commitments.
- Understand and communicate customer expectations throughout the
Operations Department, and ensure all products meet customer
standards and requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate production to schedules to meet or
exceed delivery to promise.
- Ensure operational procedures are followed to product
specifications, and quality metrics meet customers' needs.
- Perform root cause analysis with the involvement of operators
on all quality issues.
- Train operators on problem solving skills, and coach through
Leading and Developing Talent.
- Engages all teams to collaboratively own the success of the
business by contributing to continuous improvement in the areas of
safety, quality, cost, productivity, etc.
- Provides candid feedback on expectations and performance to
members of the team on a regular basis and drives appropriate
actions for further improvement.
- Invests in the growth and development of team members and
others to achieve sustained success.
- Implements and documents corrective action when performance
- Partners with relevant stakeholders to ensure team members are
well trained and up to date on certifications required to perform
the full scope of the job.
- Encourage all employees to build strong working relationships
and communication through sharing, respect, candor, integrity,
innovation, accountability, and fun.
- Effectively communicates critical plant performance metrics to
team members daily to ensure engagement.
- Monitors and enforces all plant and corporate policies and
- Reaches mutually beneficial agreement with all operating
departments on required capacity specifications. Capacity
specifications are measured by OE or a similar metric that measures
capacity related to quality, availability, and
- Drives downtime outages to fully utilize all resources to hit
cleaning objectives and line startup deadlines.
- Develop and maintain effective Standard Operating
- Analyses and communicates output data to the Leader on a
- Assesses situations and acts to proactively mitigate potential
problems and follows the escalation process if needed.
- Ensures consistent product quality by guiding team members to
analyze key process variables, maintain critical product and
- Performs root cause analysis in partnership with key
stakeholders to address quality issues and resolves those issues in
a timely manner.
- Utilizes proper resourcing to meet cost targets.
- Partners with the maintenance staff to ensure the efficiency of
- Verify time and attendance reports ensuring processing and
production needs are met.
Leads Continuous Improvement Activities
- Leverages standard work to minimize variation and
- Leads focused Improvement activities to improve process
capability and efficiencies, reduce costs, and eliminate
- Leads DMS (Daily Management System) turnovers and shift meeting
to drive effective plant performance.
- Partners with relevant stakeholders to optimize process and
drive continuous improvement initiative.
- Participates in and leads Kaizen and 5S events in various work
areas throughout plant.
- Leads product qualification efforts with the support of key
- Completed High School Diploma or GED required
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering highly
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting
directly supervising others.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 5 years' work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or
related environment required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and continuous improvement experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Computer literacy-MRP systems (SAP) and Microsoft Office Suite,
- Strong communications skills (written and oral) to effectively
communicate with people across all levels of the
- Attention to detail
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferred
- Ability to work extended/Flexible hours
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and
- Logic, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills
- Build strong team alignment and communication
- Coach and guide for results.
- Leads through safety and corporate vision
- Possesses strong change management skills
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and physical abilities test
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this
position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform
this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets
insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and
human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their
deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to
develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort
in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass
reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products
lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately Owens Corning people
and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio,
Owens Corning posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about
15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been listed as a Fortune 500
company for more than 60 consecutive years. For more information,
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your
expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations.
Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that
encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for
your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to
make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability.
Nearest Major Market: Joplin
Keywords: Owens Corning, Joplin , Production Supervisor, Professions , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!