Company: Refresco North America
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Make a Difference in YOUR Career! Our vision is both simple and
ambitious: to put our drinks on every table. We are the leading
global independent beverage solutions provider. We serve a broad
range of national and international retailers as well as Global,
National and Emerging (GNE) brands. Our products are distributed
worldwide from our production sites in Europe, North America, and
Australia. Although our own branding may not appear on the labels
of the beverages we produce, there is a good chance you are reading
this while sipping one of our drinks. Our ambition is to
continually improve and it's what keeps us at the top of our game.
We are solutions-based. We are innovative. We seek out new
challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it's
our people's too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast-moving
industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries
of what's best. Stop and think: how would YOU put our drinks on
every table? Position Description The Maintenance Supervisor is
responsible for providing leadership for the engineering and
maintenance functions and ensuring proper preventive maintenance of
physical plant and all operating equipment, electrical
troubleshooting, minimizing equipment downtime to provide maximum
production capacity, and compliance with all OSHA regulations.
Additionally, this position manages the staff to keep function
within budget and properly staffed and trained. Shift: Nights,
6pm-6am; AWS 2-2-3 (hours could vary based on production needs)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains daily work log documenting the salient
equipment/process incidents requiring follow-up actions.
- Participates in, and supports, the department safety training
program. (I.E.: weekly safety meetings, shop safety inspections,
enforcement of lock-out/tag-out program, Arc Flash/Shock Hazard
Program, enforcement of the confined space program, etc.).
- Conducts accident investigation of all injuries requiring
medical attention (or as requested by Plant management).
- Assesses the skills and abilities of assigned personnel and
develops training opportunities to close the skills gap.
Development of the Weekly Work Schedule
- Receives approved schedules together with relevant work orders
and other planning documents from the planner/scheduler. Discusses
work schedule as necessary to understand special instructions or
considerations to be observed in the execution of the jobs and
reviews new jobs coming up in the future.
- Coordinates work process improvement actions to streamline the
accomplishment of the work schedule.
- Supervises the quality of workmanship of assigned work crew by
auditing work during and after work completion.
- Adjusts weekly work schedule each day to ensure adequate work
coverage based upon the work order priority and craft
- Reviews the actual labor expended versus estimated labor and
material used for completed jobs, in order to determine corrective
measures needed to improve the accuracy of estimating and improving
methods of doing work.
- Assists planner in examination of jobs to be done and
determination of scope and best way to accomplish the work.
- Obtains blueprints, drawings, instructional manuals and special
procedures, as needed, from files or other sources. Makes any
additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary to clarify the
intent of the work order.
- Knowledgeable of and able to utilize the computerized
maintenance management system to accomplish department goals.
- Thoroughly understands and supports the work management
process. Enforces department adherence to proper work request/order
- Ensures the safety needs are given a top priority in work
execution. Work Process
- Notes equipment/process performance improvement opportunities,
opens work requests to document improvement suggestions, and
facilitates equipment improvement opportunities by working with the
Planning & Scheduling to effect necessary planning and work
- Acts as the principle contact between Production Supervision
and the Maintenance Department.
- Ensures the production areas receive prompt, efficient and
quality service from the maintenance function and ensures the
maintenance function is given the opportunity to provide this
- Coordinates plant maintenance requirements with the
Planner/Scheduler to effect necessary upgrades, modifications and
- Keeps the Maintenance Manager properly informed on all abnormal
or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside of the
supervisor's knowledge or authority.
- Utilizes data to analyze equipment failure modes, Mean Time
Between Failure (MTBF), etc. and suggests/implements improvement
processes to reduce or eliminate equipment/process failures (I.E.:
PM inspection improvements, predictive maintenance techniques,
maintenance employee training, etc.). Preventative Maintenance
- Assists the Planner/Scheduler in the development of PM
inspections for new/existing equipment.
- Ensures Preventive Maintenance (PM) inspections are completed
as written in the work order.
- Recommends additional PM inspection tasks as a result of
equipment failure mode analysis, MTBF, and other statistical means
to identify possible equipment failure events.
- Recommends PM inspection frequencies (days, cans or cases
produced, hours, etc.).
- Works with the Planner/Scheduler to implement production based
PM frequency rates (I.E.: bottle counts, case counts, hours of
operations, etc.) to reduce over-inspecting equipment and wasting
maintenance labor. Total Productive Manufacturing
- Participates in and champions the TPM Professional Maintenance
- Maintains the PM Pillar Board current and is prepared to brief
Pillar Board contents anytime.
- Drives relentless reduction of breakdown losses through
Breakdown Analysis and other appropriate Focused Improvement
- Supports the Autonomous Maintenance process by providing
training and support, as appropriate.
- Leads the development of Asset Maintenance Plans for all
assigned plant critical assets.
- Supports the Maintenance Prevention effort in support of the
Early Equipment Management Pillar. Requirements Education &
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent experience) plus four (4)
years experience in a high speed manufacturing environment with a
mechanical/electrical background required.
- Strong leadership capabilities in a fast-paced production
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or
equivalent is highly desired.
- Previous experience in the food/beverage manufacturing industry
preferred. Position-Specific Skills:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Windows, Excel, &
Outlook) with the ability to learn new applications as
- An understanding of SQF, responsibility for Food Safety /Food
Quality and the responsibility to take action when notified or
becomes aware of any Food Safety or Food Quality issue.
- Must be flexible to work alternate shifts if production needs
allow. Physical Demands:
- Physical - Continuously standing or walking.
- Visual/Sensory - This position requires regular need to give
moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work Environment - Work and environment are very
- Climate: This position requires the incumbent to have the
ability to work in ambient hot and/or cold seasonal environments. A
Career with Refresco Refresco offers a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits, which include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Well-being benefits
- Discount programs Join Refresco TODAY and enjoy a rewarding
CAREER! Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits a
r--sum-- to this career site or a hiring manager does so with the
understanding that the applicant's r--sum-- will become the
property of Refresco Beverages, Inc. Refresco Beverages, Inc. will
have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any
fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.
Employment agencies that have agreements with Refresco Beverages,
Inc., and have been engaged in a search shall submit r--sum-- to
the designated Refresco recruiter or, upon authorization, submit
r--sum-- to this career site to be eligible for placement
Keywords: Refresco North America, Joplin , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Quapaw, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!