Posted on: August 13, 2019
One Great FutureIn August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor
Flexibles and Bemis Company would combine to become the global
leader in consumer packaging. This combination allows for a
comprehensive global footprint with greater scale in all regions of
the world. With a combined company history of more than 300 years,
we continue to work collaboratively with our customers to make
Amcor the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions. We
appreciate your patience while we work to integrate our application
and hiring process.Job DescriptionOperation of assigned Production
Equipment to ensure optimum safety, quality and production while
minimizing cost, energy, and waste in our team-based
- Support Environmental Health & Safety for the facility,
following all current policies and procedures and making-an-effort
to improve the Environmental Health and Safety performance of our
- Operates extrusion laminator to run in accordance with all
written specification including manufacturing spec, customer spec,
and standard operating procedure.
- Operates Flexographic or Rotogravure Press to run in accordance
with all written specification including manufacturing spec,
customer spec, and standard operating procedure.
- Operate assigned slitter/rewinder throughout shift and
operation of doctor winder or runs rework on assigned machine.
- Operate a forklift truck
- Meets established percent of target production goals.
- Monitors and maintains quality by removing flagged
- Performs standard quality assurance tests and other tests as
- Properly complete all paperwork including production reports,
SOC reports, cleaning logs, QA reports, etc.
- Works to minimize job change-over, machine start-up, shut down,
and clean-up time.
- Analyze problems and takes corrective action.
- Ability to perform assistant duties if required.
- Accesses computer and enters required data in a timely manner
- Generates and completes necessary paperwork and forms
- Practices safety at-all-times in compliance with company and
department safety guidelines
- Performs housekeeping duties to ensure a clean and safe work
- Maintains established GFSI and 5S standards in department
- Involvement and support of WCOM as assigned to teams, roles in
maintaining WCOM changes and daily in changes made as well as
updating machine/department boards as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Knowledge and Skills
- Good Computer skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read standard or metric rulers and use a chart to
convert between the two.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to train on an as needed basis
- Mechanical knowledge of moving equipment a plus
- Minimum of three years of manufacturing experience OR previous
- Trade journals, trade shows, technical seminars, management
seminars, equipment supplier contacts and raw material
- Has daily internal contact with machine operators,
manufacturing supervisors, manufacturing superintendents, and plant
managers regarding daily equipment issues, safety, productivity and
- Has minimal interact with external customers, sales and
- Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)-This can be taken at the
Missouri Career Center at no cost to you.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
- Ability to push/pull 20-55 lbs
- Continuous standing and walking
- Exposure to noise above 85 decibels
- Exposure to solvent odors and odors created in the melting
process of manufacturing plastic films
- Employee is required to use hands to handle, or feel objects,
tools or controls and reach with hand and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case
- The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Our ExpectationsWe expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way
and demonstrate our Values every day to enabler the business to
win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a
high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor's quality, service,
- Our investors benefit from Amcor's consistent growth and
- The environment is better off because of Amcor's leadership and
Orientation/Gender IdentityAmcor Flexibles North America is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please click on the links \"EEO is the and
\"EEO is the Law\" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information.E-VerifyWe verify the identity and employment
authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United
Keywords: Amcor, Joplin , Operations Partner, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!