Coordinator, Rates & Regulatory Affairs
Company: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
Posted on: July 9, 2019
Coordinator, Rates & Regulatory Affairs
Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)
Liberty Utilities (formerly Empire Electric District Company) is a
subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, a $10+ billion
North American diversified generation, transmission and
distribution utility. The distribution group provides rate
regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to
over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission
group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural
gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers,
communities and investors for our people, passion and
This position is responsible to support the Director, Rates &
Regulatory Affairs to plan, organize, coordinate and execute
administrative or compliance activities within Liberty Utilities
(Central Region). Develop, execute, coordinate and monitor the
various administrative activities for regulatory filings and
compliance programs and apply rules, regulations, policies and
procedures relating to regulated utilities as mandated by state and
federal regulators. Coordinate, complete and submit the necessary
filings with an emphasis on insuring that accuracy and timelines
are met. May coordinate the discovery process for regulatory
proceedings, including assignment of discovery responses in both
electronic and hard copy form. Assist with the preparation and
implementation of rates filings and regulatory filings required at
the state level. Coordinate and complete other tasks as assigned,
including assisting the Central Region Legal Department on tasks as
* Supports the company\'s regulatory applications and filings
process to obtain necessary permits, licenses, certificates,
authorizations, and rate approvals.
* Establishes and maintains good relationships with regulatory
* Liaises with regulatory authorities and commission staff and may
participate in industry forums to promote regulatory
* Ensure accuracy and timeliness of filings.
* Assist and support with regulatory and rate making analyses and
* Performs analysis, develops the support, and provides advice to
company's management on the administrative impacts of emerging
regulations and developments in industry.
* Coordinate alignment of regulatory compliance strategies to all
kep local functional areas.
* Review and interpret new pending local laws and regulations,
which potentially affects the organization's filing
responsibilities, and coordinates the development or revision of
policies, procedures, contracts, and agreements to ensure
* Implement and oversee a framework to ensure the utility is
meeting its filing and compliance requirements in an accurate and
* Provide the daily coordination, administration and optimization
of reviewing, preparing, finalizing and submitting compliance and
other filings with regulatory and other agencies; managing database
for compliance filings and follow up with business leads to ensure
timely and accurate submission of pertinent filings while insuring
accuracy of filings and adherence to applicable filing
* Two years of increasingly responsible experience in regulatory
compliance, project management and/or process improvement
* Extremely organized, with meticulous attention to detail and
* Must have ability to develop relationships and build credibility
* Strong knowledge of Word, manipulation of PDF files and the
administration and management of complex electronic or
data/information request management system required.
* Strong writing skills is desirable.
* Strong knowledge of Excel is preferred.
* Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration,
Finance, Economics, or related field is desired.
* Knowledge of local state commission regulations and filing
requirements, plus a demonstrated working relationship with local
commission and staff preferred.
Click for more information on what it\'s like to work here! Power
Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed
to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge,
diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great
company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to
qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As
part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process
is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance
or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer
Keywords: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp, Joplin , Coordinator, Rates & Regulatory Affairs, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!