Company: Joplin R8
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Position: Behavior Interventionist
Term: 9 Months
Location: District Wide
Qualifications: Must have 60 college hours of have passed the Para
Reports to: Building Principal
Joplin Schools is looking for someone to assist in a special
education classroom for Communication, Behavior, Social Skills
(CBSS). This position includes working with students with
significant behaviors or autism. Extensive training will be
provided by the district. Applicant may be working 1-1 with a
student or assisting with small group lessons and collecting data
on all programs. The applicant will be working closely with the
classroom teacher, a behavior consultant as well as a behavior
technician, collaborating on student's goals, behavior intervention
plans and the implementation of daily schedules. Applicant must be
able to work within a team, have great communication skills, take
care of personal needs of students, work with nonverbal students,
and be willing to learn ABA applied behavior analysis techniques.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates that have
experience with students with Autism and positive behavioral
- Supports the mission of Joplin Schools.
- Supports the value of education.
- Become familiar with, enforce, and follow all applicable Board
policies and regulations, administrative procedures, other
directions given by district administrators and supervisors, and
state and federal laws.
- Properly supervise students at all times, if applicable to
essential job functions.
- Obey all safety rules, including rules protecting the safety
and welfare of students.
- Care for, properly use, and protect school property.
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with
students, parents/guardians, other district employees and the
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, department staff, all
members of the school district, and community as required.
- Provides excellence in customer service both internally and
- Complies with privacy rights and safeguards confidential and/or
sensitive information pertaining to staff and students.
- Reacts to change productively and receive and transmit
constructive criticism as it relates to job duties.
- Actively participate in professional development and obtain
skills and information necessary to effectively perform job
- Conduct all official business in a professional and timely
manner, utilizing district technology resources.
- Arrive to work and leave work at the time specified by
supervisors and attend all required meetings pertinent to the
- Maintains accurate records and filing systems for
accountability and audit purposes as required by law and Board
- Solve practical problems utilizing math functions as needed to
complete job duties.
- Read and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules,
and handbooks and apply to job duties. Essential Functions:
- Curriculum support for students
- Behavior modification techniques
- Creating individualized learning materials
- Supporting student through assigned tasks
- Reading aloud to individual or small groups of students
- Assist with lifting or transferring students
- Assist with personal hygiene, including diapering and toilet
- Documentation and record keeping
- Maintain logs and journals
- Assist students with motor or mobility limitations
- Maintain structure of the classroom
- Follow classroom activities and lessons as set by the teacher
- Snack preparation and clean-up
- Follow other directions in implementing student plans as
directed by the teacher
- Carry out all other duties as assigned Physical Demands
- Occasionally lift 50 pounds
- Frequently walk up and down stairs while assisting
- Frequently walk on a variety of ground surfaces, including, but
not limited to, paved, gravel, grass, or dirt
- Frequently bend and twist the torso and neck
- Frequently squat or kneel to the ground
- Frequently use repetitive arm, wrist and hand movements
- Use close, distance and peripheral vision as well as depth
Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this
The work conditions and environment described here are
representative of those that an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
Conditions and Environment
The conditions and environment reflect that of a typical classroom
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they
do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to
change at the discretion of the employer.
Keywords: Joplin R8, Joplin , Behavior Interventionist, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!