Occupational Therapist - OT - Sign On Bonus
Company: Amedisys Home Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Sign on Bonus up to 10k - Commensurate with Experience *
* Current, unencumbered license to practice occupational therapy
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
* Graduate of an occupational therapy program accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of
the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. (AOTA), or
successor organizations of ACOTE;And, is eligible to take, or has
successfully completed, the entry-level certification examination
for occupational therapists developed and administered by the
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc.
* One (1+) year related occupational therapy experience to ensure
knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide occupational
therapy services to patients.If less than one (1) year experience,
then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as
appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
* Current CPR certification.
_Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic._
*What You Will Do*
Responsible for promoting, facilitating, and maintaining health,
well-being, and participation in life through engagement in
occupation. Essentially responsible for all aspects of occupational
therapy service delivery provided under a physician approved plan
of care and accountable for the safety and effectiveness of the
occupational therapy service delivery process.
* Performs comprehensive patient examination and evaluation to
establish a plan of care based on the assessment findings and in
accordance with the physician's approval.
* Ensures the plan of care addresses all problems identified in the
assessment or documents rationale if identified problems are not
addressed in the plan of care.
* Provides occupational therapy services that require the skills of
an occupational therapist and are consistent with the established
plan of care.
* Provides documentation of each visit according to AOTA
Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for
inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
* Participates in interdisciplinary team coordination of care.
* Provide resources for future ADL and IADL needs.
* Promotes wellness and prevention by promotion of occupational
* Identifies the patient's need for other disciplines and services
and initiates the appropriate referral.
* Acts as a consultant to other care providers as appropriate.
* Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately and according to
OASIS user's manual definitions.
* Supervises the Occupational Therapy Assistant as follows: In
accordance with applicable municipal, state, and federal rules and
Provides consistent patient care oversight.Serves as OT of record
and responsible for the care of the patientRemains accessible by
telecommunication, has regularly scheduled and documented
conferences between the OTA and OT, and makes supervisory visits
with the patient.Assesses competence of OTA to perform assigned
activities.Remains available, upon the request of the OTA, for
reexamination of the patient in instances of a noted change in the
patient's response to interventions, a noted change in the
patient's medical status, or a discharge or discontinuation of the
patient from occupational therapy services.Includes documentation
of supervisory activities in the patient's medical record; or
maintains state required log of all supervisory activities which is
available upon request.
* Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart
audit activities, quality improvement activities, including OBQI
and OBQM, and peer-review activities.
* Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the
occupational therapist-client relationship.
* Demonstrates knowledge of available community
* Supervises the Home Health Aide when Registered Nurse is not
active in the case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide
and other appropriate staff as necessary.
* Keeps abreast of occupational therapy trends and knowledge for
the service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*Caregiving is our Calling*
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.y and pursue your goals for the future, join our
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45.00 - $60.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
* Home health: 1 year (Preferred)
* Occupational Therapy License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%7382124%
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health, Joplin , Occupational Therapist - OT - Sign On Bonus, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!