Logistics and Procurement Specialist
Company: Babcock Power
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Babcock Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now Logistics and Procurement
Company:Thermal Engineering Int'l (USA) Location:Joplin MO Job
Type:Supply Chain Position Summary: Plan, coordinate, communicate,
and execute the movement of specialized transport items, project
cargo, and containerized cargo domestically and/or internationally.
Assist Supply Management in the investigation of prospective
projects to determine logistics needs and provide timely and
thorough analyses of transportation options and pricing. Manage the
execution of transportation activities from bid stage through final
delivery as directed by Supply Management. Actively manage and
communicate operations and flow of materials/information on all
shipments as directed.This position will also support procurement
of materials, equipment, and services - including issuing Requests
for Quotation, evaluation of Supplier bids, negotiating final
price, Terms & Conditions and issue Purchase Orders to Suppliers
for assigned commodities. Overall objective of delivering all goods
and services at or below budget, meeting quality and schedule
requirements. This position will also support procurement of
materials, equipment, and services - including issuing Requests for
Quotation, evaluation of Supplier bids, negotiating final price,
Terms & Conditions and issue Purchase Orders to Suppliers for
assigned commodities. Overall objective of delivering all goods and
services at or below budget, meeting quality and schedule
requirements. Essential Responsibilities:
- Plan and determine most economical, timely and safe solutions
for the movement of project cargo, special transport items and
containerized shipments with Supply Management.
- Coordinate with and provide support to customers and suppliers,
both internal and external, to resolve transportation-related
- Responsive and comprehensive customer service via phone, email,
text and in person.
- Initiate requests for quotation (RFQs), negotiate (pricing,
terms & conditions) with carriers and freight forwarders, to ensure
timely placement of logistics contracts, and track status of
shipments through delivery.
- Work with vendors and shops to facilitate proper equipment ship
dates and site requirements.
- Closely track and monitor project shipments, monitor vendor
compliance with shipping documents and specifications.
- Audit transport documentation and freight invoices.
- Accurate, efficient preparation of all required documents for
- Support Sales by providing freight cost estimates for proposals
from varied origins within the requested timeline.
- Assist in new carrier vendor development as directed by Supply
- Communicates effectively with internal and external
individuals, at all levels within a company, and across cultures.
Listens to and understands complex information and ideas.
- Consistently and proactively recognize issues, problems, or
opportunities, within own department and with internal or external
customers and suppliers. Determine whether action is needed; create
relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities and
achieving desired outcomes. Flexibility in schedule, initiative,
willingness to learn, maintain effective and professional
interaction between the Company and Supplier.
- Must be able to manage multiple proposals and projects
simultaneously and respond quickly to problems.
- Must be motivated, highly organized, detailed, and be able to
work under pressure in order to meet deadlines and be able to
perform self-initiated and planned activities.
- For Material Procurement and Freight Services - interface with
the Project Team to develop and issue Requests for Quotation.
Review and evaluate Supplier bids, negotiate final price and Terms
& Conditions including appropriate "flow down" of Customer
- Issue Purchase Orders in conformance with approved requisition
and in conjunction with the Project Team, and selected
- Assist in negotiating and timely processing of Supplier back
charges and performance, schedule and warranty issues - applies to
both Material purchases & Freight services.
- Evaluate and manage Supplier performance. Continuously search
for new qualified, competitive Suppliers. Assist in management of
Supplier Qualification for assigned commodities.
- Travel to Suppliers, Customers and Sister Companies, as
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business / Logistics / Supply Chain is
- Minimum 5 years transportation/procurement experience.
Experience on heat exchangers, boilers or pressure vessels is
- Over dimensional or project cargo experience is a plus.
- Understanding of Logistics processes, documentation, customs
regulations and trade compliance both domestic and
- Understanding of ocean transport (project cargo, break bulk,
and general cargo) and inland transportation (heavy haul truck,
barge, rail, & over-dimensional truckload).
- Good negotiation and buying techniques.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Professional image, polished presentation
Keywords: Babcock Power, Joplin , Logistics and Procurement Specialist, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!