Company: EaglePicher Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Mechanical Engineer will collaborate with the engineering
team to design, develop, and qualify cells and battery packs
according to customer specifications and documentation requirements
in line with project timing and budgets. The Mechanical Engineer
will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams
to execute and deliver existing and new products.
The core responsibilites of this position:
- Support all development phases including design, design
refinement, validation, and pilot production.
- Responsible to plan, develop, and execute Design of Experiment
(DOE) for fabrication and testing of batteries.
- Work closely with the R&D teams to determine battery design
and mechanical characteristics
- Develop processes/tooling for pilot scale manufacturing.
- Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize
and present respective results, with conclusions, and
- Develop assembly and process specifications, along with other
- Generate BOM and prepare cost estimates.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing /
Engineering technology, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years' experience in R&D, or Product Development.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and
- Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage
- 3D CAD modeling knowledge. Autodesk Inventor experience is a
- Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods
will be helpful.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project,
Excel, Word Outlook).
- Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology is desired.
ABOUT EAGLEPICHEREaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading
producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense,
aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The
company provides the most experience and broadest capability in
battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United
States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver
zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride,
lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve
lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery
assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and
other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in
Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified.
For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEESome of the great things
about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: EaglePicher Corporation, Joplin , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!