Mill Room Lead, Blue Buffalo
Company: General Mills, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
GENERAL DESCRIPTION - PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Pre-Side Lead is responsible for providing leadership to the
team in the Mill, Receiving and Meat areas as well as providing
back up and support in these areas as needed. In addition, filling
in for absences, Leaves, and PTO. This is a working lead position.
The Mill lead is responsible for fostering an environment where
Safety, Food Safety and Quality are top priorities, and lead by
example in these areas.
- Troubleshoot issues to ensure continued efficiency and
- The ability to function in the role of the Mill Room Operator
as well as the Mill Room Helper, Truck Receiving Clerk and the
- Ability to operate the processing equipment in a safe and
- Read and understand the batching line-up and have the ability
to recommend changes as necessary.
- Monitor and document downtime by cause.
- Monitor and report inventory of major and minor ingredients and
work with shift supervisor on potential issues.
- Responsible for the receipt, verification and recording of raw
materials and products that come into the facility as back up and
support to the Truck Receiving clerk.
- Responsible for accurate count of orders while comparing them
to invoices and BOL's.
- Computer entry of products as they are received.
- Responsible for making sure that bin checks are completed
timely and accurately.
- Responsible to escalate all issues to supervisor in accordance
with Heartland's escalation process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have vast knowledge of the Mill Room Operator duties as
well as an understanding of the Mill Room Helper duties.
- Must be able to manage and measure work.
- Must be able to work at high levels of the facility.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Record keeping, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to calculate totals, percentages, and operate some
- High School diploma or GED
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of the Truck Receiving Clerk's duties, and a general
understanding of the receiving procedures.
- SAP knowledge extremely helpful.
- Working knowledge of WMS/RF scanning Technology.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as SOP's, and
- Understands the importance of safety, quality and
- 2 or more years in food manufacturing with production floor
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively at
Keywords: General Mills, Inc., Joplin , Mill Room Lead, Blue Buffalo, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!