Company: Babcock Power
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Babcock Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now Maintenance Mechanic
Company:Thermal Engineering Int'l (USA) Location:Joplin MO Job
Type:Production Position Summary:
Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for analyzing and correcting
electrical and mechanical problems in addition to the repair of all
machinery and equipment.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on equipment,
plans for and makes corrections and adjustments to maintain
- Performs preventive maintenance checks of equipment, reports
findings to the Supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Makes small tool and related maintenance parts repairs along
with maintaining inventory of parts and initiating purchase orders
- Proficient in diagnosis and repair of standard mechanical,
hydraulic and pneumatic machinery equipment and shop tooling.
- Qualified to operate drills, equipment and related tools in
performance of these maintenance functions.
- Qualified to perform welding related to maintenance repairs of
machinery and equipment installations.
- Capable of basic electrical repairs or assisting in more
complicated electrical repairs or installations.
- Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install,
repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical
theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and
principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Services electronic equipment by checking, testing and
replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards and
similar electronic devices.
- Must be capable of performing minor electrical repairs.
- Capable of welding related to maintenance repairs and machinery
- Proficient in performing preventative maintenance on all
machinery, equipment and tooling.
- Maintain repairs and records of repairs on forklifts, cranes,
- Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential
electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Capable of operating overhead cranes, forklifts and related
equipment pertaining to maintenance functions.
- Capable of operating all equipment related to the installation
and repair of machinery and other related components.
- Capable of plumbing repairs related to building maintenance and
various liquids and gases.
- Capable of initiating orders for parts, tooling and supplies
through the purchase order system.
- Qualified in installation and leveling of standard equipment
- Capable of assisting other maintenance personnel in more
complex repairs or maintenance functions.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Any
combination of education, training and experience provided the
following knowledge, skills, and abilities are filled.
- Qualified to perform general mechanical, hydraulic and
pneumatic maintenance on forklifts, small tools (drill motors,
grinders, jacks, etc.), trucks and standard ship equipment (gas and
air hoses, plate grabs, mig guns, cables, etc.).
- Overhead Crane experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems, thorough knowledge of
repairing shop machinery and all shop equipment.
- Requires ability to perform maintenance with minimum
supervision, assist Maintenance Machinist Technician and perform
work per written and verbal instruction.
- Must possess the ability to work with power driven equipment
and the ability to start up and shut down the equipment.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, able to climb
ladders and work at elevated heights on platforms and/or work
beneath machinery in close quarters performing repair work.
- Frequent stooping and bending required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Meets basic tool requirements for classification.
Experience, Education and Training
High school graduate or GED equivalent and/or trade school and
five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment including
repair and installation of industrial machinery, equipment and
Position will be exposed to weld smoke, grinding dust, loud
noises and hot or cold weather conditions.
Keywords: Babcock Power, Joplin , Maintenance Mechanic, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!