Company: Babcock Power
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Babcock Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now Safety Coordinator
Company:Thermal Engineering Int'l (USA) Location:Joplin MO Job
Type:Risk Management & Safety Position Summary:
The Safety Coordinator will work closely with the EHS Manager to
ensure TEi's Joplin facility maintains a safety, health, and
environmental program to meet/exceed all compliance requirements of
OSHA, EPA, DOE and our clients. This position will assist in the
development and implementation of policies and programs to improve
all aspects of the BPi Safety Program to maintain a safe and
healthy workplace for our employees. Key responsibilities will
include but not limited to accident prevention and incident
management, risk management, training programs, corrective actions,
emergency preparedness, and the prevention of Environmental spills,
releases and violations.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers'
health and safety.
- Lead and support incident reporting, investigations, and
corrective actions for injuries, illnesses and equipment
- Complete site wide safety compliance auditing, measure the
performance and track corrective actions to closure.
- Maintain training program content, schedule and
- Attend daily pre-shift, toolbox meetings to raise issues
associated with safety.
- Complete, review and present pre-task JHA's for routine and
- Complete compliance walks daily of the shop and report
findings. Track findings to close within 15 days.
- Identify, and ensure all PPE worn by shop personnel is
compliant to the TEI PPE assessment.
- Reduce the risk rating to an acceptable level for the tasks
that are occurring on shift.
- Lead the R3 process and provide update to the site EHS
- Identify, inspect and ensure the correct tooling is being used
for the task.
- Practice emergency response scenarios to ensure an acceptable
- Establish, and maintain a positive relationship with all
employees including management.
- Monitor Environmental compliance and take action to address as
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year College or University)
- 1-3 years Related Experience preferred
- 30 hour OSHA course
- OHST or equivalent preferred
- Microsoft Office operating systems
- Stand C (Constantly)
- Walk C (Constantly)
- Sit C (Constantly)
- Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
- Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
- Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
- Climb O (Occasionally)
- Crawl O (Occasionally)
- Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
- Bend O (Occasionally)
- 10 lbs. or less C (Constantly)
- 12 lbs. or less O (Occasionally)
- 11-20 lbs. O (Occasionally)
- 13-25 lbs. O (Occasionally)
- 21-50 lbs. O (Occasionally)
- 26-40 lbs. O (Occasionally)
- 51-100 lbs. O (Occasionally)
- 41-100 lbs. O (Occasionally)
- Over 100 lbs. N (Not Applicable)
- Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Sense of Sound (Alarms)
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manufacturing or outside environment, employee will be faced
with working in temperature extremes, hazards from things like
lasers or welding arc, or other environmental hazards.
- N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66%
of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66%
of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Keywords: Babcock Power, Joplin , Safety Coordinator, Other , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!