Human Resources Generalist-Entry Level (Joplin)
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is
demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the
right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative,
and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements
will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and
continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed
our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, and the Human Resources
Generalist will focus on the day-to-day HR operations within
Liberty. The HR Generalist position serves as the first point of
contact for employees and managers in providing support for HR
related questions and concerns. The HR Generalist supports the HR
department to ensure the strategy, initiatives and activities
reflect business needs and priorities, in efforts to establish a
business partnership with their customer base.
- Administer/manage all day-to-day HR activities for Liberty,
including policy and program management, communications,
recruiting, compensation, training and employee/labor relations
(union and non-union employees).
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government
reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and
ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Manage the new employee onboarding program and
educational/training programs such as the e-learning program,
benefits, diversity, management training, etc.
- Assist with employee benefits programs.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition manager with all recruitment
cycle elements including posting, pre-screening, interviewing,
testing, offer letter process and file administration
- Assist with the drug and alcohol testing procedures and
employment background check process
- Liaise with Regional payroll department regarding new employee
set-up, status changes, benefit inquiries etc.
- Assist in all Culture and Engagement activities
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of
personnel policies, compensation and benefits programs.
- Administer and communicate employee relations programs such as
service awards, Liberty Days, recognition programs, etc.
- Assist in the data collection for affirmative action planning,
rate cases, audits, and budgets.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required and HR certification a plus
- Ability to build strong working relationships internally and
externally of organization
- Excellent communication skills; known as an impactful and
- Innovative and creative; demonstrated experience in increasing
- Strong attention to detail
- Some travel required to various Liberty locations
- Strong organizational skills: able to establish and maintain
new processes and procedures to enhance operational
- Flexible and able to handle multiple activities in
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to handle
sensitive inquiries with tact and maintain confidentiality
- Advanced computer skills with a strong focus on MS Excel
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport is required for
- Valid Driver's license
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and
utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North
America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering
commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our
rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and
renewable energy business groups into different geographies and
commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged - Sustaining Energy
and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated
electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1
million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our
growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and
thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of
renewable generation capacity in operation and under
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities
across North America and internationally, we are continually
demonstrating our "Think Global, Act Local" business model.
What We Offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If
you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the
all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to
further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique
background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full
participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful
environment is key to individual and company success. We are
committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees
and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their
Keywords: Liberty, Joplin , Human Resources Generalist-Entry Level (Joplin), Human Resources , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!