DINING SERVICES MANAGER (FREEMAN HEALTH) - JOPLIN, MO
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Posted Date: Dec 8, 2020Morrison Healthcare is a leading
national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated
to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems.
Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and caf--s feature
socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences.
The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices-- wellness and
sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and
an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption.
Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's
(PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41
million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison
has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to
Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training
Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive
years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than
1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000
professional food service team members.Job SummaryAs a Dining
Services Manager, you will manage a team of food service
professionals and be responsible for the overall service in the
main dining room as well as special functions. Additionally, you
will assist with maintaining interdepartmental relations and
integrating the dining service department with the facility plan of
operation.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees dining services operations of a medium to large volume
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a
friendly and service-oriented manner.
- Assists with profit and loss and budgeting as it pertains to
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating menus and
providing top quality food.
- Assists in the responsibility for all food service-related
activities and be primarily involved in meal services in a seated
dining room setting, including quality improvement, sanitation,
infection control and all facility-related activities.
- Assists with the rollout of new culinary programs in
conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly reports for client
- Works with marketing and culinary department to increase sales
by innovations and food quality.
- Communicates with the culinary department to ensure the food
programs reflect the vision of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Waited table and catering experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on
quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associate's degree is preferred.Apply to Morrison Healthcare
today!Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USAClick
here to Learn More about the Compass StoryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.Req
ID: 439278Morrison HealthcareKENNETH C SCRUGGSSALARIED EXEMPT
Keywords: Compass Group, Joplin , DINING SERVICES MANAGER (FREEMAN HEALTH) - JOPLIN, MO, Hospitality & Tourism , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!