Production Team Supervisor - Night Shift
Company: General Mills
Posted on: March 17, 2020
BLUE BUFFALO COMPANY, LTD.
Division/Department: Heartland Pet Foods Location: Joplin, MO
Job Title: Production Supervisor Reports to Title: Operations
Level/Grade Type of position: Hours 40 + as required / week Exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day overall
coordination of production activities and performance in his/her
assigned area that includes financial performance, people safety,
and development. Lead and manage a shift of 20-60 employees,
including participating in the hiring process, employee
on-boarding, performance management, and corrective action. They
support other groups on site and within the company to ensure that
their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. The
Production Supervisor will report into the Operations Manager and
will also share responsibility for creating and maintaining a
workplace culture that engages and motives associates at all
- Provide direction, leadership, development and support to direct
reports through empowerment, teamwork, on the job assignments and
continuous improvement to meet current and future business
- Plan and manage the day-to-day allocation of resources
(equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently,
safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets as agreed
with production management.
- Ensure that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping
and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in the area.
- Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during
on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Prioritize, request and ensure Maintenance and repairs are
completed to maximize efficiency.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness with his/her team members
including Maintenance to identify opportunities for
- Coach employees in their development of knowledge and skills,
providing timely feedback, guidance, and training to help them
- Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all
problem solving situations to address root causes of failures and
support continuous improvement activities.
- Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to
peers, team members and Production Management.
- Understand internal and external regulations, procedures and
policies and apply them fairly and consistently in accordance with
established SOP s.
- Manage relationships with internal/external customers, suppliers,
colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of
Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for having safe work instructions available for all
positions and that processes are ran in accordance with SOP s and
- Ensure all employees have the required level of safety training,
all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety
guards and devices and associates are using the appropriate
- To assure activities being performed having an environmental
impact are communicated and accomplished according to the
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP s), performance of sanitation
audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks
conducted according to company policies.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUESTED:
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Work mandatory overtime as required.
- Flexibility to switch shifts as required.
- 2 or more years in food manufacturing with production floor
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and the ability to
communicate effectively at all levels
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in food processing, packaging, Quality, Supply Chain,
and knowledge of GMP s.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Continuous Improvement
environment. (Lean Manufacturing or TPM preferred.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as SOP s, BOL s and
- Understands the importance of safety and quality.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Kronos timekeeping
- Bachelor s Degree (Engineering, Business Management, Food
Science, or Organizational Leadership/Supervision) preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment
Keywords: General Mills, Joplin , Production Team Supervisor - Night Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!