RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
Company: The University Kansas Health System
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Requisition Number: R-22805 Position Title: External
Description: Position Summary / Career Interest: The Cardiac Cath
Lab RN provides evidence based care in Cardiac Cath Labs; monitors
electrical and hemodynamic parameters; assesses patient during
procedures and delivers therapy; provides moderate sedation during
procedure. Performs advanced diagnostic and invasive procedures in
the Cardiac Cath Lab. Monitor, circulate, and assist Cardiologist
as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administers intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Assists in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples
and respiratory gases.
- Attends to patient needs during electrophysiology studies
including monitor patient's - vital signs.
- Circulates during procedure, as applicable. - Develops and
contributes to a plan of nursing for the patient's care.
- Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic
data; operates hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital
and line fluoroscopic equipment, if applicable.
- Participates in late staffing per established late staffing
- Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and
- Participates in orienting new staff.
- Prepares patient and equipment for electrophysiology
procedures; prepares site of entry, draping patient, arranging
sterilized instruments and catheters, and calibrating and setting
up pressure transducers and tubing, as applicable.
- Prepares the Electrophysiology Lab procedures rooms by ensuring
that adequate stock is available. Must be able to perform the
professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the
assigned unit or department. Note: These statements are intended to
describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties
and may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties
may be assigned as required. Required:
- Associate's degree in Nursing
- Perioperative & Procedures - For ADN prepared nurses hired
after February 24, 2017; must complete BSN degree by the fifth
anniversary of employment as RN with UKHA
- RN in State of Kansas
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - BLS or BCLS - American Heart
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS - American Heart
- LRN - RN Licensed Registered Nurse - State Nursing Board
- Minimum of 2 years' ICU experience or previous Cath Lab
- Bachelor's in Nursing
- Registration as a Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT);
Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS); Cardiovascular
Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES); or CCRN
- Cath Lab (Cath Lab and/or EP Lab) experience
- Minimum of 2 yeras of ICU/ED experience City: Kansas City
State: Kansas Community / Marketing Title: RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
Company Profile: EEO Employer Verbiage: The University of Kansas
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status
as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status,
gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the
university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also
prohibited by university policy. Location_formattedLocationLong:
Kansas City, Kansas US Job Number: 59409
Keywords: The University Kansas Health System, Joplin , RN - Cardiac Cath Lab, Healthcare , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...