Health Information Specialist I
Company: CIOX Health
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Are you looking to make extra income while still gaining beneficial
career experience? If so, our team may have the perfect opportunity
for you! Here at Ciox Health we help our clients manage, protect,
and support health information to achieve functioning advancement,
optimized revenue, and better patient outcomes. Join us as we work
together to win, deliver awesome and make a difference.
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all
release of information (ROI), specifically medical record requests,
in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing
customers with the highest quality product and customer
Why should you apply?
- Entry level position
- Growth & advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to work a temporary full-time schedule, with the
opportunity to go full-time. Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Opportunity to gain healthcare experience/career growth
- Working onsite at medical facility in Joplin, Missouri
- Processing medical record by following HIPAA requirements
- Handling inbound and outbound calls, email, fax and other
- Assisting walk up patients and/or clients
- Data entry
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to commute between locations as needed.
- Able to work overtime during peak seasons when required.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable utilizing phones, fax machine, printers, and other
general office equipment on a regular basis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the
- Detail and quality oriented as it relates to accurate and
compliant information for medical records.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to
changing priorities and role needs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Previous production/metric-based work experience.
- In-person customer service experience.
- Ability to build relationships with on-site clients and
- Comfortable bringing new ideas, process improvement
suggestions, and feedback to internal stakeholders.
Working conditions & physical demands
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there
is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working
conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently
throughout an eight-hour period, reach horizontally and vertically
for overhead use. Must be able to use a telephone or headset
equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at
a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an
environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations
are available to qualified individuals with disabilities. Low to no
Keywords: CIOX Health, Joplin , Health Information Specialist I, Healthcare , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!