Director, Human Resources
Company: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Director, Human Resources
Human Resources & Total Rewards
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Mandate: This position is responsible for the HR function for Liberty Utilities Central Region which includes operations in Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Oklahoma and Kansas. This includes staffing, employee relations, benefits admin, payroll, technical training, performance management and supporting operational leadership on labor relations issues. Serves as the HR point person for all regulatory issues involving HR matters, including providing testimony and as witness before the PUC's.
HR team leadership:
* Serve as HR subject matter expert to other regions and corporate as needed
* Responsible for leading the HR team, must have good leadership skills and have a broad and deep HR knowledge base
* Provides advice and counsel to Regional leadership on HR issues
* Lead corporate initiatives such as Affirmative Action and Workforce Planning
* Set goals and objectives for HR team, determine strategic direction of dept.
* Continually seek process improvements in all facets of HR delivery
* Support operational leadership on the handling of day to day union contract administration and union negotiations
* Expert knowledge of labor laws, support enterprise strategy for union relations
* Handle day to day union contract administration
* Serve as corporate labor relations expert
Advise and counsel on HR matters:
* Provide strategic HR advise on all HR matters, including employee relations, employee development and succession planning among others
* Provide advise and counsel on more complex HR matters for Regional leadership team
* Partner with senior management to ensure HR policies and practices are enables to reach business objectives
* Accountable to ensure HR policies and practices are in compliance with state and federal laws
* Ensure water, gas and electric technical training programs comply with all regulations, OSHA, DOT, etc
* Ensure training delivery meets needs of operations and in the most cost effective manner
* Minimum of 15+ years of relevant experience
* Proven leadership experience at a regional level
* University - Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) within a related field
* Previous experience managing an operating/capital budget
* Ability to manage internal and external communications of great strategic importance
* Ability to create/conceptualize and effective change management experience
* Superior problem solving skills - problems or issues require broad-based solutions that require impact consideration to operations, human resources and finance
* Proven Labour relations subject matter expert
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Keywords: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp, Joplin , Director, Human Resources, Executive , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!