Posted on: November 19, 2023
EHS Specialist needed full time in Joplin, MO!This Jobot Job is
hosted by: Alicia BlakeAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking
the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $85,000 -
$95,000 per yearA bit about us:A Japanese multinational food
corporation which produces seasonings, cooking oils, frozen foods,
beverages, and sweeteners.Why join us?What we Offer:
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick, and holidays
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401 (K) with generous company matchJob DetailsThe EHS Manager
is responsible for providing technical environmental, health and
safety support to the plant. Essential functions include evaluating
environmental, safety and health programs and coordinating Plant
activities to support local and corporate objectives. The EHS
Manager will influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part
of all personnel in complying with safety standards and maintaining
a safe work environment. Responsibilities:
- Evaluate Plant safety programs and make recommendations to
update safety practices.
- Review process-operating procedures and provide input for
safety and health considerations.
- Participate in new process reviews, including process hazard
analyses, operator training, etc.
- Work with FSQA and Human Resources to develop and maintain
trainings records and renewal calendars.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard
Analysis) and new equipment introductions.
- Develop and maintain equipment specific LOTO procedures and
conduct employee training.
- Assist with the completion of administrative programs for the
preparation, distribution and maintenance of written programs,
policies, procedures and records such as SDS, lockout/tag out
procedures and OSHA reporting.
- Support Behavior Based Safety (BBS) in driving participation,
supplying critical data, coaching, and providing supervisor
- Review and report injury/illness and near-miss incident
investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Lead post-accident investigations, RCA and mitigation.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory environmental, health and
safety requirements, such as PSM, RMP, SWPPP, etc.
- Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with Safety
Program expectations by identifying and informing management of
compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities
through the completion of daily, weekly and monthly audits and
- Monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical
support to the plant to ensure compliance with federal and state
safety and health regulations.
- Engage in TPM to support and lead continuous improvement
efforts within and outside your responsible department.
- Track and report monthly Safety Scorecard requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, or STEM related discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years in an environmental, health and
safety, EHS role required.
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the safety and health programs
- Completion of OSHA 30 course required.Interested in hearing
more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Joplin , EHS Manager, Executive , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!