Manager of Change Management and Helpdesk
Company: Missouri Southern State University
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Manager of Change Management and Helpdesk - Careers At Missouri
Southern State University Career Opportunities with Missouri
Southern State University A great place to work. Careers At
Missouri Southern State University Share with friends or Subscribe!
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new
positions become available. Back To Openings Manager of Change
Management and Helpdesk Department: Information Technology
Location: Joplin, MO
START YOUR APPLICATION General Statement of Job This individual
will be responsible for the development, management and leadership
of an organizational change management approach, methodology,
communication , and training program. The manager of this team will
focus on how to help employees embrace, adopt, and utilize a change
in their day-to-day work. Change Management is the systematic
management of engagement and adoption of organizational changes to
achieve required business outcomes. Specific Duties and
Responsibilities Essential Duties:
- Develop and apply a structured methodology and lead change
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a
strategy to support the adoption of the changes required by a
project or initiative.
- Support the design, development, delivery, and management of
- Conduct impact analyses and assess change readiness and
identify key stakeholders.
- Provide input, documentation requirements and support the
design and delivery of training programs.
- Complete change management assessments.
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics.
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance.
- Consult and coach project teams.
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management
levels: communication, plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan,
training plan, and resistance management plan.
- Support and engage leadership teams, managers, and supervisors
regarding change management.
- Support organizational design and definition of change
management roles and responsibilities.
- Integrate change management activities into project plan.
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness.
- Manage stakeholders.
- Track and report issues.
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change
- Support change management at the organizational level.
- Manage the change portfolio.
- Support Helpdesk functions of the department.
- Manages all aspects of the Helpdesk
- Selection hiring, evaluation of IT personnel
- Assists CIO with time sensitive special projects
- Member of the senior IT leadership council
- Manages a pool of full-time and student helpdesk technicians,
including scheduling and support coverage minimums. Education,
Experience, and Licenses Requires a bachelor's degree and 2-4 years
of experience in the IT field or in Change Management area, or
equivalent experience. Familiar with and experience in CM concepts,
practices, and procedures. - Proven working experience in change
management - Excellent client-facing and internal communication
skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Knowledge, Skills,
and Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Knowledge of change management techniques, processes, and tools
to effectively manage both large, medium and small University
- Requires strong analytical, problem-solving, and collaborative
- Requires proficiency in writing program narratives and
understanding coding techniques, testing strategies, and
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to effectively present information to administrators,
faculty, and staff.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a
variety of people (students, faculty, administrators, staff,
vendors, and members of the public).
- Requires the ability to use small office equipment, including
copy machines or multi-line telephone systems.
- Ability to delegate work to employees for efficiency with time
- Ability to make decisions regarding personnel and
- Develop and Track project budgets and financial reports
Physical Demands/Work Environment The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of a
computer keyboard); and talk or hear (including the use of a
telephone). The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. NOTICE : The above job profile does not include all
essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with
disabilities are encouraged to contact Human Resources to review
and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. An
employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail
to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential function of
this job with or without reasonable accommodation. START YOUR
Visit Our Home Page - 2023 Missouri Southern State
UniversityApplicant Tracking System Powered by -
Keywords: Missouri Southern State University, Joplin , Manager of Change Management and Helpdesk, Executive , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!