Posted on: April 5, 2021
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today! Position Summary Supervise and
coordinate the activities of all staff at the branch. Maintain a
safe workplace environment, ensure compliance with applicable laws
and attract and retain qualified team members. It is the Branch
Manager's objective to meet or exceed the annual EBIT, sales budget
and inventory goals while fulfilling the customers' expectations
for supply of product and service.
- Hire and supervise employees who meet all critical requirements
and qualifications for each position (counter sales, warehouse,
delivery drivers and others as approved).
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in
order to ensure that it has been performed effectively.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate
staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed
effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Communicate with employees on a regular basis to insure
procedures are followed, new procedures and methods are considered
and new approved methods or procedures are known and carried out on
a timely basis.--
- Appraise and document employee performance at regular intervals
as required by company procedures, insuring a plan for improving
employee performance and potential. Meet with each employee at
least once a year (on their anniversary date) to formally review
their performance and discuss future performance objectives and
- Recommend pay increase based upon performance. Receive approval
from Area Manager and Operations Manager before discussing with
- Enforce company policies and procedures, abide by same.--
- Counsel employees in work -related activities personal growth
and career development.
- Prepare reports for the Area Manager and the Operations
- Report work-related injuries of employees to our third party
- Work the parts counter on a weekly basis to ensure proper
procedures are being followed and to maintain familiarity with the
- Ensure all walk in customers are greeted immediately and an
associate offers assistance within 2 minutes.
- Make certain all orders are filled at a rate of 100%
- Post all inventory receipts daily.
- Deposit all cash receipts in accordance with instructions from
- Process all vendor invoices in accordance with instructions
- Approve expenses (within budget limits).
- Lead sales meetings as required, but no less frequently than
each month. Review territory EBIT and sales revenue to plan; find
new opportunities for sales penetration of new or existing
products; share successful practices.
- Maintain a top 25-customer list. Each month update and visit at
least 3 customers for potential new business opportunities.
- For each account, lead the development of product pricing
strategy on an annual basis.
- Suggest additions or deletions to inventory and update
catalogues on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure all inventory reports are reviewed weekly. Corrective
action should be taken on all negative quantities. Open invoices
and POs should be followed up or cancelled.
- Review the branch accounts receivable aging each week.
Coordinate collection efforts with the credit department to ensure
timely collection of balances due from customers.
- Establish preventive maintenance plans for equipment such as
delivery trucks and forklifts along with daily inspection of such
- Annual physical inventory variances should not exceed 2% of the
total inventory value.
- Maintain the branch appearance to include daily cleaning of the
entire facility (inside and outside), restocking of display areas
- Ensure that the third ring answers the telephone and all
associates answer in a uniform manner. Skills
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself and
other individuals and organizations to make improvements or take
- Judgment & Decision making: Considering the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and
directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective
manner. Giving full attention to what other people are saying,
taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions
as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implication of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of
- Mathematics: Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use
mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to understand information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to
specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Physical
Demands Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying
parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of
lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions Inside/Outside Conditions,
Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration,
Dust, Vehicle Noise Equipment OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes
required from the first day of this job. Qualifications Education
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
Certificate); Associate's Degree in Business Administration
preferred. Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy duty truck parts
industry, including a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position.
- Valid drivers' license with clean driving record. This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required
to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor. FleetPride is the leader in the
industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale
divisions. Full time REQ21-7690 About Us FleetPride has late-model
or hard-to-find heavy duty truck and trailer parts, A/C parts,
Refrigerants and Tools you need for ALL major makes of Class 6,7,8
trucks backed by a Nationwide Replacement Warranty. FleetPride one
of the largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and
trailer parts in the U.S. We also offer heavy duty expertise with
some of the best and brightest people in the business. FleetPride
offers heavy-duty career opportunities for self-motivated
Keywords: Fleetpride, Joplin , Branch Manager, Executive , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!