Operating and Financial Performance Manager
Company: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc.
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Job Location:: Joplin, MO - Joplin, MO
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for an Operating and Financial
Performance Manager to join our exciting new pet food business at
in one of our manufacturing facilities located in Joplin, MO. Who
is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We
believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and
balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to
quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which
makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately
Purpose of Role
The position will work directly with the Plant Manager and
Corporate Controller to oversee and monitor all financial and
operating performance aspects of plant operations, including
analysis, forecasting and preparing of performance metrics and
financial reports related to production. This position will be
responsible for the manufacturing modules and components of the ERP
system, including ensuring documentation and evaluation of
manufacturing workflows within the ERP and ancillary systems. The
Operating and Financial Performance Manager will establish
appropriate internal control processes related to the company's
manufacturing processes as well as validating their implementation
and driving continuous improvement and will work with the plant
controllers and key operating personnel to understand and monitor
the effectiveness of standard operating procedures within the
- Work with the plant manager and corporate controller to
validate monthly, quarterly and annual operating results and key
performance indicators for the facility.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved
decision making related to operational changes designed to improve
effectiveness and results.
- Provide advice, guidance and continued monitoring of all
manufacturing ERP systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
for Controllers for the plant.
- Manage General Ledger to Inventory Sub Ledger processes,
controls and reviews.
- Manage Inbound raw materials reporting and control
- Ensure Monthly Reserve analysis and reconciliation process map
to corresponding cycle count adjustments and General Ledger.
- Work with the plant and corporate controllers to validate and
support the Operational Budget.
- Responsible for documenting, defining, and mapping
current-state and new manufacturing reporting processes and
improvements that are in accordance with established legal
regulatory and company policies and procedures across all
- Supporting new systems or project selections and implementation
from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- Implement effective internal control, project design and
functioning Inventory ERP and related reporting requirements
including standard costing and BOL roll up validation.
- Serve as the company's ongoing process improvement and support
person from a manufacturing process and ERP perspective
- Coaches, trains, and develops associates formally and
informally through training programs on production process,
providing both informal (e.g. on the spot coaching) and formal
- Master the development of business intelligence/information
reports for the operations team.
- Operational knowledge of all aspects of ERP finance modules,
reporting & budget tools.
- Advanced understanding of floor processes for the purpose of
enhancing all operational bottom line effects.
- Work with other stakeholders as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Problem Solving, Building Effective Teams, Integrity and Trust,
Dealing with Ambiguity, Drive for Results, Manage & Measure Work
- In Depth knowledge of plant systems, equipment, and production
- Supply Chain management experience
- Business financials and key performance indicators
- Demonstrated effectiveness in listening, oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, concisely and in a
professional manner, using proper grammar
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others not in
direct span of control
- Demonstrated ability to organize daily work, work independently
and be self-motivated
- Fluent in the following computer applications: Word, Excel,
Access, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated use of good judgment and decision making skills
with appropriate sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight schedules in
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to learn and use process mapping
- Ability to learn and conduct job analysis
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights and or confined
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump
cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time
periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes
such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree
or professional accounting designation such as CPA/CMA (focus on
- Extensive experience (10+ years) and knowledge of all aspects
of operations accounting and financial management within a
- Professional communication (written and verbal) and
interpersonal skills are vital to the role.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning
- Knowledge of standard GAAP accounting principles, practices and
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills and the ability
to make necessary decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP computer systems and ability to
learn new software.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as
- Experience working in food manufacturing
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you need assistance or an accommodation during the application
process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The
company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant
will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc., Joplin , Operating and Financial Performance Manager, Executive , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!