Environment, Health, and Safety Manager
Company: Thermal Engineering Int'l (USA)
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Manager of Health, Safety and Environmental assures that the
TEi Joplin organization maintains a safety, health and
environmental program to meet/exceed all compliance requirements of
OSHA, EPA, DOE and our clients. The position will implement and
improve upon all aspects of the BPi Safety Program to maintain a
safe and healthy workplace for our employees. Key responsibilities
will include but not limited to accident prevention and incident
management, risk management, training programs, corrective actions,
emergency preparedness, and the prevention of Environmental spills,
releases and violations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers'
health and safety.
- Manage workplace hazards to as low As Reasonably Possible
(ALARP) through documented training, JHA's, Work Instructions, and
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially
hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Lead and support incident reporting, investigations and
corrective actions for all injuries, illnesses and equipment
damages so accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Develop and maintain industrial hygiene program including noise
surveys, air quality and temperature sampling, illumination, and
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and
practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and
- Maintain the BU Safety manual and supporting program
documentation to ensure compliance with all local, state, federal
and corporate requirements applicable to workplace safety
- Conduct safety training and education programs and provide
demonstrations as necessary.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop
materials for these presentations.
- Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially
toxic materials for analysis.
- Investigate health-related complaints and inspect facilities to
ensure that they comply with public health legislation and
- Coordinate "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous
chemicals and other substances.
- Maintain and update emergency response plans and procedures
with tabletop drills, live drills and disaster recovery plans.
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire
prevention equipment, safety equipment, andfirst-aid supplies.
- Conduct audits at hazardous waste sites or industrial sites and
participate in hazardous waste site investigations.
- Collect samples of hazardous materials or arrange for sample
- Maintain inventories of hazardous materials and hazardous
wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with Business
Leadership and the Director of Health, Safety and Environmental to
ultimately achieve the safety goals of the organization.
- Align and Adhere site business practices with the established
Environmental Compliance calendar
- Assist and Advice BU Leadership on the direction and the
necessary actions on all subjects Safety, Health and
- Establish and communicate site safety performance expectations,
while implementing improvements in a continuous improvement
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently to develop
program enhancements and implement the changes through a team
approach.Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year College or University)
- 5-7 years Related Experience
- OHST, CIT, ASP preferred
- Microsoft Office operating systems
Keywords: Thermal Engineering Int'l (USA), Joplin , Environment, Health, and Safety Manager, Executive , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!