Senior Project Engineer Joplin, MO
Company: General Mills
Posted on: September 7, 2019
The Project Engineer will develop and execute manufacturing plant
capital projects including scope, schedule, budget, procurement,
installation and performance. This role will provide technical
solutions across the site, working with a cross functional
* Lead Engineer on capital projects - overall project management,
budget, schedule management, construction management, start-up,
conceptual phases, project close-out, scope development, cost
estimation, system design, equipment sizing and selection,
procurement, installation, check-out.
* Lead system design standards development for divisional unit
operations. Includes improvements to existing standards using
appropriate technical evaluation and involvement.
* Maintain engineering interface with business unit team - maintain
close working relationship with R&D, quality, manufacturing,
operations leadership, and financial operations.
* Offer production support and troubleshooting assistance to
Engineers, Team Leaders, and Maintenance
* Provide innovative technical solutions required to meet business
objectives with emphasis on productivity.
* Provide support to annual capital planning process, which may
include development and management of the capital program for an
* Utilize Continuous Improvement tools, including but not limited
to Early Management, Specialized Maintenance, Autonomous
Maintenance, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Induced Failure
Testing, and support CI and Phase Progression efforts
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, ABET accredited Engineering
program, or PE certification
* 7 years of project engineering experience in a continuous
* Demonstrated skills in executing several large concurrent
assignments with emphasis on project management, productivity, and
* Demonstrated technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and
problem-solving skills, decision making, trouble-shooting,
communications, team management, and human relations skills.
* Strong ability to involve operators and mechanics in the project
* Experience working with plant technicians, leadership staff,
outside vendors and managing contractors and engineering firms.
* Must have a good understanding of packaging and processing
systems and a working knowledge of plant manufacturing,
engineering, quality, and research functions.
* Thorough understanding of Food Manufacturing Regulatory
Requirements (GMP's, Food Safety, etc.). Experience working with
EPA and OHSA regulations.
* Experience with continuous improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM, or
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.
Keywords: General Mills, Joplin , Senior Project Engineer Joplin, MO, Engineering , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!