Senior Human Resources Generalist
Company: Ducommun Incorporated
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Senior Human Resources Generalist
- Support and promote company core values of honesty,
professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork.
- Drive strong employee relations through frequent and clear
communications, clear expectations, and positive relationships
among management and employees.
- Collaborates and provides guidance to other HR generalists and
staff; may lead and direct the work of others.
- Build and develop close relationships with cross functions
(Operations, PMO, SC, Finance, Quality, and Engineering)
Policy, Procedure, and Process Administration:
- Interfaces with employees regarding HR policies and
- Assists employees and managers with HR questions and employee
relations issues. Conduct investigations, recommend and administer
disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Ensures work performed is in compliance with HR regulatory
- Interpret and provide guidance regarding federal, state, and
local employment laws/policy.
- Drive a culture of fair employment practices.
- Performs benefit administration within policy and regulatory
compliance some of which includes: assisting with general benefit
inquiries and online enrollment, invoicing and payroll adjustments,
- Coordinates with payroll for pay and deduction related
- Support and drive employee participation in company sponsored
Unemployment, Leave, and Employment Exit Administration:
- Responds to inquiries from third party vendors such as
disability, unemployment, leave of absence, etc.
- Attends unemployment hearings as required.
- Manages leaves of absences, tracking of time-off and points (if
applicable), and works with management on processes and procedures
related to absence management and work accommodations.
- Administers off-boarding activities including exit interviews,
user change requests, and collection of company property.
Systems Support and Administration:
- Assists employees and managers with the use of HR systems such
as the Self-Service Portal and Talent Management System.
- Manages HRIS data and interface integrity within SOX compliance
including timely and accurate data entry of new hires,
terminations, and other changes, as well as running reports and
performing necessary audits.
Recruiting and Onboarding:
- Carries out full cycle recruiting activities recruiting for all
levels of talent.
- Conduct onboarding activities including new hire orientation,
collection of paperwork, and pre-employment screenings.
Employee Engagement and Recognition:
- Support employee engagement strategy to facilitate
organizational performance and enable successful organizational
- Execute total rewards strategies, programs, and tools to
enhance organizational performance and employee engagement.
Talent Development and Performance Management:
- Carries out and supports employee and manager training
- Communicate career path opportunities within the organization
and provide guidance to leadership on career planning
- Support and participate in the talent management/development
and succession planning process.
- Coordinates and support annual goal and appraisal
- Recommends improvements for HR services performed.
- Engages and participants in HR related organizations (e.g.,
- Support lean methodologies across all processes and develop
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Able to rely on experience, judgment and knowledge of commonly
used concepts, practices, and procedures necessary to plan and
- Experience conducting investigations and recommending and
implementing appropriate disciplinary action. Experience in a union
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of employment law,
recruiting practices, benefits, FMLA, ADA, EEO, related industry
trends and new developments, and state and federal statues
regulating human resources functions.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft and Outlook programs.
- Experience with using and managing HRIS software and systems,
preferably ADP systems.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities timely and
efficiently within a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interactive communication skills
with all levels of employees, management, and business
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and project company image
necessary to effectively attract and retain employees.
- Understanding of confidentiality within the HR department
- Ability to build trust and serve as an employee advocate.
- Conscientious, organized and meticulous - records must be
accurate and maintained.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicates internal
procedures and policies.
- Understanding of Behavioral Interviewing Techniques.
- Ability to learn the basics of manufacturing processes within
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college in
business or a related area or equivalent years of relative industry
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the HR field;
manufacturing environment preferred. Experience working with a
unionized workforce a plus.
- Proven track record of handling full range of support in all
areas of HR
1505 Maiden Lane
Joplin, Missouri, 64801
Keywords: Ducommun Incorporated, Joplin , Senior Human Resources Generalist, Accounting, Auditing , Joplin, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!